Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Xander!

It’s hard to imagine that Xander is already one!!

When it came to having a birthday party for him, his folks planned on moving houses the couple days before and having his birthday party the next day, on his birthday… I offered a cake. His mom said anything with wheels. So I thought and thought what could I do? The next day, God spoke to me… OK probably… but so did the “What’s New Cupcake?” book. It arrived in the mail, it had a Formula One Car made out of red cupcakes. Awesome. My brother – the racing enthusiast… even more so for Formula One – it was perfect.

The cake was really easy to put together – as are most of the cupcakes in that book. I made all the pieces and parts – Andy did the assembly. We were short on time since we had just come home from the move, and we were on our way out to dinner…. So we had to do things quick. So it was awesome that we had everything ready to go and we hadn’t eat all the wheels yet…. Just some of them.

So… Happy Birthday Xander! Not sure how we’ll top this cake next year, but this Auntie sure will give it a shot. :)

P.S. If you want to know how to make the cake.... get the book... it's awesome... I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10