Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let him eat dirt...

My kid brother likes to eat dirt. Well, I guess he’s my brother-in-law and he’s not really a kid. He is a teacher after all, so he deals with kids all the time. But still, I say again… Aaron likes to eat dirt. What? Oh yes, my brother-in-law’s name is Aaron. Mine is Erin… that isn’t confusing at all…. Ever… or maybe all the time. Anyway. Aaron requested Dirt Cake for a boys night Andy was having. Too bad the kid couldn’t come (don’t tell him I didn’t make it either. :) Shhh… it’s our secret.) Where is all this going? Oh yeah! Aaron threw himself a birthday party, so I made him a vat of Dirt Cake. I made a double recipe of the recipe, sure made a lot. Included a kid shovel to server as well. Happy Birthday Aaron!

Dirt Cake
What you need!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla/chocolate pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling

What to do!

Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear. (This I had some trouble with. Good thing I don’t like to drink because I couldn’t make a mixed frozen drink to save myself.)
Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
Chill until ready to serve.
Add artificial flower and gummy works. Serve with a new shovel! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10