Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Raatjes Fresco Quesadillas


“But I don’t want to go to Taco Fresco.” That was me… whining at work one day. Not wanting to go to my coworker’s favorite restaurant. But I went. I didn’t know what to get off the menu, since I’m allergic to citrus and so many other things. I noticed the Tomato-Onion-Cilantro Quesadilla on the menu and thought… eh… at least I can eat it. Wow… it was so good. SO good. Every since then I want more. I wanted to try at home – so I did… this is it. Sure they need some practice, but this is so worth it. Andy loved them too. Since we have cilantro growing on the front step and a tomato plant in the topsy turvy… I see more of these in our future. I can’t wait. Yum.

Raatjes Fresco Quesadillas
What you need!
Tortillas
Mexican Blend Cheese
Tomatoes
Onions
Cilantro

What to do!
Cut up tomatoes, onions and cilantro - quantity to taste.
Turn the electric griddle on a low temperature and start building quesadillas. Pile cheese on first, then tomato mixture, more cheese and top it with another tortilla. Turn the heat on high. Wait until cheese is melted and tortilla is toasted, flip it, wait for the same on the other side. Cut into wedges and eat. So fresh and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10