Sunday, November 21, 2010

OZ – Snorkeling

Many people have something on their bucket list… Swim the Great Barrier Reef. We can now say we’ve done that. Amazing is all I can say about it. Ok… that’s just not true. I have a lot to say about it. I’m not a huge fan of snorkeling. Let’s rewind further… we took a day cruise in Cairns out to the reef. They gave us little to no info on how the actual snorkeling would be happening, so I was a bit nervous. When we got to the place, they ferried us to an island that was covered with birds. We were told not to go near the birds, don’t touch the reef, leave the fish alone. Ugh… so many rules and things not to do! How do I snorkel? So we got this 30 second lesson – not enough. I was still freaking out that I wouldn’t be able to breathe out of my nose… then the chilly water… then Andy was swimming like a fish. Ugh… not my thing. The ships photographer came and took our picture underwater…. Well…. I was somewhat underwater. See the panic in my eyes?
We had a super fancy ziplock type bag for our digital camera so we were able to use it to take photos underwater. Really cool. Our camera was dry as a bone after.
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I would hope this time I’d be at least less of a freak about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10