Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A strange flower

Sometimes I volunteer for things then wonder – what on earth was I thinking? Our church has its very first kids Christmas pageant. Usually we have donut holes after the service, but I offered to make cookies for after the pageant. A few cookies right? Well… 12 dozen (or more?) later – I was trying to remind myself this was for a good cause. :)
I’ve never made Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies – at least not to my knowledge. But I thought they would work well for church. They were really easy and I assume they tasted good – every single one was eaten. My favorite part of these cookies is that part when you put the kiss on. Note… that is AFTER they are baked. I almost put them on before. Anyway… when you put the kiss on there, it gets all warm and settles into the cookie – so neat. Not sure why I enjoyed that part… but I did. Make them – enjoy them… freeze them if you need to make them for a later date – they worked great!

Hershey's Kisses Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
What you need!
48 Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates, unwrapped
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar

Make it!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F for baking.
Using an electric mixer, beat shortening and peanut butter together until creamy. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beating dry ingredients into wet mixture until dough forms.
Using your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll shaped balls in granulated sugar; turning completely to coat. Place sugared balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies turn a very pale brown. Immediately remove sheet from oven and press a Kisses® Chocolate into the center of each cookie. Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completely. Store airtight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10