Friday, July 15, 2011

A Tale of Two Fabrics

It’s amazing the difference the right fabric can make.
When Sweet Sample was first stitched(pictured on right), this was the darkest brown linen I could find. When I received it back from the stitcher I loved it! But, the fabric? Eh… seemed like it was a little too milk chocolate. I like my chocolate dark. But what to do? Put it on some brown wool and be content.
Then, along came some dark chocolate, in the way of Weeks Dye Works Kris’ Bon Bon Linen.
Last February in Nashville while looking over all my models. I kept coming back to this one. I had a strong desire to have it restitched. I sent it off to my stitcher and it came back just how I wanted it. (pictured on left).
My photography skills have improved a bit too since the first photo was taken.
Enjoy the facelift! Hrm… I think I need some chocolate or maybe some watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10