Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sweater Vests and Cupcakes

When I heard my boss was turning 50 – I knew that was a momentous event that needed to be celebrated with not only the sweater vests he asked us to wear, but with something baked.
I asked him what he’d like for his birthday treat and he needed to get back to me. What he sent back – was an email from his mom – about his favorite cake. Now I have his mom’s email address – talk about blackmail!
I decided to make these into cupcakes rather than sheet cakes – easier to deal with when you have 55 people grabbing for one. These worked out WAY better than I envisioned – so glad he and everyone else enjoyed them.
By the way – yes – sweater vests… he has a thing about them – just about everyone either borrowed one or wore their own. A crazy bunch of IT folks we are.

Fresh Strawberry Angel Food Cupcakes
What you need!
1 Angel Food Cake Mix
1 - 3 ounce dry vanilla pudding mix
1 12 ounce Cool Whip
½ cup milk
16 oz fresh strawberries

Make it!
Make an angel food cake into cupcakes. Makes approximated 30 cupcakes per box mix.
While cakes are baking, mix together Cool Whip, Milk and pudding mix. Set half of it aside.
Chop strawberries into very small pieces and mix into half of the pudding mixture.
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, use an apple corer to cut out the center of each cup cake.
Spoon strawberry filling into cupcakes. Use the reserved pudding mixture as frosting. Top with slices of fresh strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10