Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ring of Oozing Goodness

You’ve been to those home parties, right?  You know the ones – where they demo cooking with pizza stones – what is the recipe they always use?  This Chicken and Broccoli Ring.  Always.  At least to all the parties I’ve been to.  Each time I’ve been to a party I think “I should make that for dinner some time” and I never do.  Until today.  Sure we have a freezer full of casseroles because I thought – I’m having a kid – I won’t want to cook anything.  Apparently I was incorrect.
I made way more filling than this recipe calls for.  It really oozed out – but that was Ok, it was awesome either way. Eat it as is – or with a little Frank’s.  Note the Frank’s in the picture… Andy’s addition to the party.

Chicken & Broccoli Ring
What you need!
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup cooked chicken
3/4 cup coarsely chopped broccoli
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp dried dill
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Make it!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on a round baking stone or pizza pan.  Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 3-inch opening.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, bell pepper, mayo, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop filling evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Make sure filling is evenly spaced/spread. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough (if you are able) at center to form a ring (filling will show).  Bake 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10