Friday, May 16, 2014

Cross-Stitch and Needlework Magazine | Dandelion in the Wind


 
When Cross-Stitch and Needlework Magazine approached me about submitting designs for consideration – I was working on this dandelion.  I thought it was too bright, it wasn’t cross stitch, it just wasn’t something they would want to publish.  Well… I was wrong.  As you can see, this is the July issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework Magazine and there is my pattern.  This was such a fun design to play with.  The first in a LONG time that was just punched for me.  Not thinking that anyone might buy it – just something fun and playful.
The magazine came last week Tuesday.  I was home sick with the stomach flu and not feeling myself.  I knew the mail had come so I grabbed it.  In the box was a manila envelope with my handwritten address.  I had just been to the TNNA market the previous Saturday and saw another magazine publisher there who I had given my card to.  Assuming it was just a letter of introduction from them; I set it aside and began to browse.  I saw many of my designer friends’ names so I settled in and started from the beginning.  As I turned to page 16 I sat straight up and said a bad word or two.  That was MY pattern!!  My dandelion!  I quickly pulled the letter out.  Oh… well that explains it.  That was in the letter saying this was the issue where your pattern is being presented.
I hope you go and get a copy – yes I intentionally erased the pattern – go buy it!  Support the magazine and my other designer friends. I feel honored to be in the pages with these amazing artists.  I hope to stumble upon one of my patterns again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10