Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Finding Joy in Eggs and Sprinkles
"This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24"
How do you argue with that? These cookies were a sweet way to turn this day around and yes, the day did get better - much better. Sometimes you just need to remember to find the joy in each day - even if it is in a tub of sprinkles or a well placed verse.
Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies
1 cup butter
1½ cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup chocolate sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. in mixer bowl cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy
3. add in one egg at a time mixing completely after each addition
4. mix in vanilla
5. in separate bowl place cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well blended
6. add flour mixture to mixer bowl with butter and brown sugar on low until fully combined
7. cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge until dough is chilled, at least 30 minutes.
8. roll two tablespoons of dough into a ball, then into the sprinkles
9. place each ball of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes, edges will be slightly firm
10. allow cookies to cool on baking sheet
Notes: Alternatively you can roll the cookie dough into granulated sugar.