Tuesday, April 26, 2016

3 Year-Old Eats Coffee Cake - Mother Shocked

I continue on a hunt - a hunt for the perfect almond coffee cake.  Surely you've been down this road with me before.  It's a path well traveled.  I'm narrowing the road to a path.... closing in on the perfect recipe.
This recipe?  While not what I was seeking, is something well worth trying, if you are on the same path.  My friend Marcia told me she had an almond coffee cake recipe that was awesome.  Since I feel I'm becoming a connoisseur of these things, I felt it was time to give it a try.  Marcia is a much better Dutch girl than me.  She makes banket (and likes it),  she keeps a clean car, and even goes to the local Dutch Fest.  She also has a great almond coffee cake recipe.  Get this - even Bronwyn ate a piece on a Sunday morning.  I know right?  Amazing. That never happens!
I will continue on the hunt and I think it's leading me in the direction of ground almonds.  Interesting right?  Maybe I need to get a part time job at the bakery and then I will know their secrets!

Almond Coffee Cake

Mix together:
½ lb. margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs

Add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
½ lb. almond paste, grated
1 tsp vanilla

Topping: (mix like pie crust, until crumbly)
½ cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 stick margarine

Bake 375 degrees in greased and floured pan
10x15 (jelly roll) pan: 25-30 minutes
9x13 pan: about 40 minutes

When cool, drizzle with glaze.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 T butter or margarine
2-3 T milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10