Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Puffs of Yum and Mmmmm!


Years ago I wrote about my Aunt Betty's Cream Puffs - they were amazing then and still amazing now.
My family's Christmas was the day after Christmas this year. My folks made us breakfast - awesome breakfast. What do you bring for dessert for breakfast food? Cream Puffs. They are like donuts but better.
Andy still is not the biggest fan of chocolate on top of his Cream Puffs, so he had special puffs with powdered sugar. I will say that he did enjoy a few chocolate covered puffs at home.
My favorite part of baking cream puffs is making the actual puffs. I find it amazing that when you cook the flour and butter, then beat eggs into it, what bakes up are these amazing puffs. This time I added Cool Whip to my pudding. Why? Why not? Pudding is fine, but added cool while? Even MORE amazing. It also extended it a bit so I had lots to squeeze into each puff.
Can't wait to make these puffs again - maybe I need to find another reason - Tuesday? Tuesday seems like a great reason to celebrate the day and make some cream puffs. Maybe I'll even do half and half with powdered sugar, I do like Andy and an awful lot... he's pretty neat.

Betty’s Cream Puffs
What you need!
1 cup water
½ cup butter
1 cup all purpose flour
4 eggs
1 box prepared vanilla pudding
Canned Chocolate Frosting

What to do!
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. A stand mixer works great for this. Scoop mixture by spoonfuls on cookie sheet.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Using a ziptop bag or pipping bag, fill the puffs with vanilla pudding. Frost with canned frosting or powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10