Tuesday, June 20, 2017

New Flash: Boy turns 8, loses tooth, gets old way too fast.


One of my favorite things to do each year is to make birthday cakes or cupcakes for the little people in my life. Their creativity in requests always stretches my thinking and I love the hunt and planning to try to make something they like.

This year for Xander’s 8th birthday (8? How can he be 8 already?) he asked for Dale Earnhardt Jr. cupcakes. He wanted them in the shape of the car number 88. That was going to be quite a few cupcakes and since we’d be transporting them? Eek. That seemed iffy. We ended up deciding to do the car logo on a toothpick, like a sign. There was some confusion on my part as to what color those cupcakes should be, what logo to use, where the logo should go. Thankfully I was able to chat with Xander about a week before and lay out my plan, show him the logo, and get him excited about them. You see… it’s all in the presentation. I used plain old silver liners since the colors were blue and silver, piped on blue frosting and used some silver star sprinkles I had. They turned out way better than I had hoped. Xander wanted to keep all the 88 signs. He would hand out cupcakes, but make sure to take the sign first. I’m glad I was able to make something he really liked. Sometimes the designs I make require some imagination to figure out what they are – this time he knew right away. Thankful for this boy who is 8 and already lost a tooth! He’s growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10