Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Unicorn Requested: Unicorn Delivered


A unicorn is what the birthday girl wanted. Oh dear. Really? Like an actual unicorn? Fear crept up in me. She wanted a unicorn cake for her birthday. I had visions of a giant cake mess, a sad girl, and really sad mom. Thankfully we talked it through and we looked at cakes online – Oh…. A circle cake with the face of a unicorn – I can do that!!
My sweet Bronwyn Grace is 5 years old! I made her this unicorn cake, featuring rainbow frosting mane and a fondant gold horn and ears. The cake really was so much fun to make. I got to learn so many new things too, how to make fondant, how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream, what food colorings NOT to use for things types of things. I’ll be honest – the colors? Seem a bit dusty to me. They aren’t as bright and vibrant as I had hoped – but the birthday girl was in love with the cake. You can see she has a pretty big smile.
Now – on to Kindergarten in the fall! How did I get a school-ager? It was just yesterday she was so cute and little and whispered “puppy puppy puppy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10