Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Healthy Eating: Brought to you by Cream Cheese and Whipped Topping

“Here try this dip and let me know what you think.” Simple words that caused all of us in the kitchen to stand around the fruit plate and stuff our faces with fruit slathered with yummy cream cheese dip that my mom mad. “It’s Ok because we are eating more fruit this way,” my sister-in-law said. True words!
My mom brought this fruit dip to my niece and nephew’s birthday and wow it was so good! I made it for Bronwyn’s birthday and I could still eat it by the spoonful with the leftovers in the fridge. I used lite cream cheese and lite whipped topping – ignore the rest of the fat, calories, and sugar – it helps you eat more fruit! Or cookies – oh, you could dip cookies in this too – or even carrots… maybe not carrots. But give it a try – it’s pretty amazing.

Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz whipped topping, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Chill and served with fresh, cut fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10