Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A doodle of a dandy birthday!


This past September our nephew Jackson turned 3! (That means Nicholas isn’t too far behind – say it isn’t so!!)
I asked his mom what kind of cake I should make. First, there was talk of sports-themed, then she said puppy. Puppy? Really? I can make a puppy cake?! Can you sense my excitement? I, of course, went straight to Pinterest to find puppy cakes! I found individual cupcakes where each one was a puppy or dog, but then found a Betty Crocker idea that included the pattern!
I baked and froze the cakes, whipped up some chocolate buttercream, then I was ready to roll!
I downloaded the pattern and quickly realized the pattern that was included was NOT the pattern that was used to make the cake in the picture. I wanted the one in the picture. I ended up finding the photos of the original pattern that was used, blew it up and printed it to the approximate size I thought I needed it to be. It actually worked out amazingly well.
I used Whipped Chocolate Buttercream, some naturally colored, some with some black food coloring and extra cocoa added for darker fur. I used a grass tip and I pipped… and pipped and pipped. It was so fun to make. Even MORE, fun was hearing Jackson, a boy of few words, call it a puppy! Loved being able to make a cake of one of my favorite things for such a special little guy. 
Happy Belated Birthday Jackson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10