Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Ipema Family Canning Exchange 2017 (a wee bit late...)





It has come to my attention that I have not told you about our Canning Exchange this fall! 
How can that be?
Items were canned, bottled, sewing, put together.
Food was eaten.
Laughter had.
Stories were told.
Food enjoyed by all.
That about explains our night.
This year I was even more excited because we recruited a few more of our family members to join in the fun! It was such a good night.
My mom made a knock-off of Texas Road House’s Honey Cinnamon Butter…. Oh, my word… Nicholas calls it sin butter.
There were two of the same fall cookie mixes – which was awesome because that means we get to enjoy these cookies twice!
I made Garlic Bread Seasoning. You can sprinkle it on just about anything, or mix it with butter and spread on bread – bake then enjoy garlic bread.
There were so many more great canned, bottled, shared hard works of love.
I say it every year – because it does not cease to be true – I love these ladies and I love spending time together, share stories and fellowship.
Thank you to my Ipema family! Can’t wait until next time!

Garlic Bread Seasoning
1/2 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried parsley

Combine all ingredients in a small jar or container that has a lid. Stir mixture to combine and then seal shut with lid.
Sprinkle on top of warm breadsticks OR combine 1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic bread seasoning with 1/2 cup softened butter and spread on a loaf of French bread (cut in 1/2 lengthwise). Wrap in foil and bake at 375 until butter’s melted. (You could also place it open-faced under the broiler for a few minutes, so it gets golden-brown and crispy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10