Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Stir Fryless Stir Fry

When I saw that you could make stir-fry in the oven on a sheet pan, I wanted to make it that night for dinner... considering I was laying in bed avoiding going to sleep - maybe not great timing for those thoughts. So I added it to my "things to make next week" list. I have one of those - don't you? Um... awkward... moving on.
I told Andy how excited I was to make stir-fry in a sheet pan, oh my he was dubious. "You can't call it stir-fry - that's a type of cooking, you can't stir-fry on a sheet pan." While maybe that is true... the finished product is similar and that's what's it's named - I'm going with it.
As always the prep of something takes long and I probably should/could have done it earlier to make the cooking process go faster. I thought it could have used a recipe and a half of the sauce - maybe I used too many veggies... I don't know but what I do know was it was good. So VERY good and easy. I like that this can be customized to whatever veggies your family likes. Pile them on and enjoy!
Oh and Andy? He had more than 2 hefty servings and declared it good – yet still doesn’t think it deserves the name stir-fry. Ahh, the life of living with a Raatjes… they always have to be accurate and correct.

Sheet Pan Asian Chicken Stir Fry
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
16 ounces broccoli florets*
1 cup snow peas
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
1 green onion, thinly sliced

For the Sauce:
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and Sriracha, if using; set aside.
Place chicken, carrots and bell peppers in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in soy sauce mixture and gently toss to combine.
Place into oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in broccoli and snow peas during the last 7-10 minutes of cooking time.
Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10