Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The space between solid butter and melted... .009 seconds.

Guessing you are somewhere in the US experiencing the same sort of sad Spring we are... oh wait we aren't having much of a Spring - snow seems to be our game lately in the middle of April (that's when I'm writing this - not when I'm posting it.... hoping when this is posted the sun is warm and grass is green - not white). So what is this all to say? My kids are lacking in Vitamin D aka Sunshine, outdoor playtime, and fun. Sure they can play inside but I think their patience levels are clashing with their proximity levels. Ugh. So much fussing, fighting, tattling, the list goes on. Ever want to run and hide? You might find me in the storage room, stashed away with a bag of jelly beans sitting on the concrete floor waiting for the storm to pass.
On one especially rough weekend, baking seemed like a possible answer to our current situation. In the cabinet, I still had one of these "It's Fall Ya'll" cookie mixes from our family cookie exchange. Two of my brilliant wonderful cousins brought these cookie mixes - they were worried because they were duplicates, I was thrilled because - cookies!
I pulled out the mix and let Bronwyn bake them up! Sure I melted the butter. Sigh... the difference between softened butter in the microwave and melted is like .009 seconds. Oops. At least it still worked. My family loves these cookies - and they were the perfect pick me up - the baking of them and the eating. It's just too bad that the sun didn't grace us with its presence... and more drama crept in. Great. Come on Spring... please?

Fall Cookies In A Jar
SUPPLIES:
– Quart Jar
– Dry Cookie Ingredients
– Printed Recipe
– Scissors
– Twine/Ribbon
DIRECTIONS:
1. Clean your jars and let dry completely.
2. Fill your jars.
3. Print recipe and attach Fall Cookie recipe to jar.
Fall Cookie Recipe:
In the jar:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup Reece’s Pieces
What you need:
-1/4 cup butter
-1/4 cup oil
-1 egg
-1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla
3. Add contents of jar and mix until all combined
4. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes
6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10