Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Ketchup - Why Ketchup?

Pot Roast - it's the all American meal right? Meat and potatoes, home-cooked goodness. But why is it that I never think about making it? It's so good and so easy and yet? I always forget about it. Andy mentioned pot roast a week or two ago and how it would be good to have it. When I was at the store I saw a chuck roast, remembered and made sure to bring it home, oh I paid for it too... I didn't just tuck it in my purse and skipped on home.
I seared the meat in a pan before I plopped it in the crockpot with the soups and broth, then added carrots, potatoes, and onions -even a few garlic cloves because garlic makes it better.
We sat to eat and Andy got the ketchup out - um... Excuse me? Ketchup? Not on my tender moist pot roast. I relented... but he didn't do it. Phew!! Even the kids liked it. Well... Nicholas sat at the table for an additional hour to finish his food - but that had nothing to do with him liking it... he was just being him. Special.
So this recipe? My mom's. Because when we were first married Andy declared he wanted pot roast and I asked her how to cook it like a good daughter does. it's easy and not original. Good ol' pot roast.

Crock Pot - Pot Roast
2 pound Chuck Roast
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cups beef stock
1 pkg onion soup mix
2 pounds red potatoes quartered
2 onions cut in large chunks
4 cloves of garlic - smashed
5 carrots - large pieces

Add soup, stock, and soup mix in bottom of crock pot.
Season chuck roast with salt and pepper. Sear roast in a hot skillet until brown on all sides. Add meat to soup mix. Add vegetables.
Cook in crockpot on High for 4 hours, or Low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10