Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Meal that makes people smile from 4 - 72 years old

Easy meals are my BFF, are life, are a wonder. Easy meals that taste good and my family will eat? Even better, they make my heart beat faster and involve less of my pleading and begging for children to just eat. This meal - easy, delicious, and an almost 4-year-old will eat it... so will a 72-year-old... with no complaints.
My family loves turkey smoked sausage. Usually, we eat it half boiled half steamed in a pan. It's fine. It's good even. My kids are getting big enough that we finish an entire package/link of sausage in one meal - no leftovers. While yes that makes me really happy, it also concerns me - are they getting enough?
This meal is an easy one to make all in one night - or to prep ahead. Both times I've made it, I prepped ahead - because that's just what I like to do. It's easy for me to prep a bunch of things at one time, chop the veg and meat and stick in a bag for a later date. On that later date - dump the ingredients, toss with a little olive oil, some salt and pepper, bake. Easy. Shake the pan a few time as it bakes, then serve with a starch - we do rice because our kids LOVE rice.
Roasted sausage tastes better than boiled/steamed. Roasted veggies taste pretty amazing too. Sure Nicholas couldn't seem to identify a roasted baby carrot - but they taste like awesomeness. Easy, delicious, and family friendly. Yep - add it to the rotation because you'll love it.

20 Minute Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
12-16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Chicken Sausage about 3 cups
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup bell pepper chopped (any colors you like)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or taco, Cajun of your favorite spice blend!
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400F.
Slice the sausage into 1'' rounds.
Add the sausage, veggies and minced garlic to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian spices or your favorite spice blend. Seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss veggies with your hands until they are fully combined and coated with olive oil and spices.
Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Enjoy with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10