Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I am no "One Hit Wonder"

Let it be known that I am no "One Hit Wonder" - I'm an equal opportunity baker of muffins. Banana Bread Muffins are not my only strength! Andy's work wouldn't know that - all they get are banana muffins. I'm always in search of new and delicious things to bake - this time Apple Muffins. It was supposed to be bread - but hey... muffins are portable, easy to eat and share - muffins it is!
I had the day off because I was having a tooth pulled. Yes - worst day ever, well... it ranks up there anyway. I was trying to pass the time and think happy baking thoughts before the inevitable yanking, pulling, and crunching occurred. Oh man, I'm having PTSD right now. Gah! Anyway... Muffins, think about the muffins!
These muffins have apples, applesauce, and lots of warm yummy spices that remind me of fall (not of spring/summer) but mmm so very tasty and delicious.
So don't be a one hit wonder. Have some variety in your baking or don't. If you do one thing and do it well - works for me. I never tire of Chocolate Chip Cookies... and I never say never... or ever... or...well.. ok I guess I did.

Apple Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups peeled & chopped apple
2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter (melted and cooled)
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pans with liners (24 muffins).
In a small mixing bowl add the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and applesauce. Stir until completely combined. Mix in the sugars. Stir until combined.
In a large mixing bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir with a fork to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add in the chopped apple and stir.
Scoop dough into liners Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, top will be golden brown. Check that it’s cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center, once it’s done cooking the toothpick will come out clean, no dough will be stuck on it.
Store covered at room temperature for 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10