Friday, June 14, 2019

When all the seasonings are happy together...

In search of new and fun things to make with self-rising flour - bagels. What? Bagels that aren't complicated and ready pretty quick. Again this one is with greek yogurt and self-rising floor - this one gives the addition of Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning. I've seen this all over social media - people proclaiming their love. I thought "how silly - I could make that!" Then I realized I didn't have poppy seeds or a few other things, then I found myself there buying flowers and basil - so guess what jumped into my basket? Oh, I'm glad I did - it's awesome. I'm not sure what else it will get sprinkled on - but something for sure!
Similar to the pizza crust I made - it's equal amounts greek yogurt and self-rising flour, form a ring, egg wash it - then sprinkle the goodness.
Even Andy was impressed - I underbaked them - but imagine if I hadn't? Imagine if they were baked to perfection, I'd probably love them even more!
Let's see what else I can do with self-rising flour!

2 Ingredient Bagels

Ingredients
To make 1 cup self rising flour sift together the follow:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

To make bagels:
1 cup of self rising flour
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Egg for egg wash
Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine 1 cup of self rising flour and 1 cup of Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form.
Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and brush your hands with a bit of flour.
Knead and divide into 4 parts.
Roll out each dough ball to form a rope and pinch the ends of each rope together to make a circle. You will have four bagels.
Beat one egg and brush over the bagels and sprinkle with Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
Bake at 350 degrees on a pan sprayed with cooking spray for 23 minutes and 500 degrees for 2 minutes so the tops can brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10