Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Cool kids with kitchen gadgets

So I did something I rarely ever do… I bought a fad kitchen appliance – an air fryer. Well, I was having a moment where I convinced myself we could make amazing healthier egg rolls and it ended up costing me only $10. Can you tell I’m still trying to talk myself into that this was a great idea? No honest – it was! It came one evening after dinner – I opened it and just looked at the big thing. Looked at Andy – shrugged… no clue what our next step was. The next day I decided we’d have air-fried seasoned red potatoes. I didn’t want to make too many in case they weren’t good – so when I lessened the potatoes – I neglected to tell Andy to lessen the seasoning (as he was doing that part)… I hardly drizzled in any olive oil, stirred them around, dumped them into the air fryer, pressed a few buttons, and had hope in our hearts. Our hope paid off – we had delicious seasoned potatoes – even the kids loved them. Even though they said they were over-spiced – they heard us talking about that. But they were crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside – so good. Now, what else can we airfry? Airfry all.the.things.

How do you make this recipe in the oven? I have no idea – I guess you could do them in a 400 degree oven and just turn them – but they likely won’t be the same, they’ll be good – just different. Maybe get a cheapo air fry like the cool kids with kitchen gadgets.

Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
2 tablespoons parsley leaves
3 pounds red potatoes
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Clean and cut the potatoes into quarters. In a large bowl, or a large ziplock bag, put the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients and mix / shake well.

Place a piece of baking paper in your Air Fryer. Set it to 400°F (200°C) and cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and golden. Tip: Toss the potatoes about 10 minutes into cooking so they bake evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10