Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Rimmed in Happiness

My last dance with funfetti was a bit lackluster. It seemed like funfetti redemption was necessary. A coworkers birthday seemed like a good time to give it a shot. We just returned early from the buggiest wettest camping trip so far - baking seemed like a good plan.
Thankfully I had plenty of sprinkles to fancy up that funfetti!
Nicholas, the ever-curious, watched as I mixed everything together. I have zero qualms about doctoring up a cake mix - it works, it's delicious, done and done. This method is really different too. I'm used to using my stand mixer and mixing the batter like a crazy person. This method you sift the cake mix into your wet stir and do not over mix. Your cupcakes come out flat - but they are moist and delicious. Oooh... the M word... it's true. They are moist and delicious - just ask my coworkers! One of them said they were "not bad" then proceeded to tell me that "not bad" actually meant good. Because... they were "not bad". Hrm. Right - whatever.
So... Enjoy these - I ended up using canned chocolate frosting because it's delicious. I rimmed them with more sprinkles - which caused some amount of mess when people ate them - but sprinkles are happiness. What's better than a funfetti cupcake, topped with chocolate, rimmed in happiness? I don't think anything.

Funfetti Cupcakes Cake
⅔ Cup Sour Cream
¾ Cup Buttermilk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
4 Egg Whites
⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
1 White Cake Mix
1/2 cup rainbow jimmies

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla, egg whites, and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
Sift in the white cake mix. Stir until just combined (don't overmix!), stir in jimmies, then divide between prepared cupcake liners.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10