Tuesday, March 17, 2020

I'll have some more s'more bark please!

Most of the time I bake something, it's for the challenge, or because I think someone will like it, because it looks like it is good. This time? This was all about me. Golden Grahams (or Honey Grahams - thanks Aldi), marshmallows, and chocolate - s'more bark. Yes and yes. Oh my yes. We were heading on a weekend away with family and snacks are a needed thing - almost a requirement. This s'more bark was high on my list of things to make to bring somewhere with lots of people - mostly because I was afraid of eating it all. It was a valid fear - let's be honest. I ended up packing the food box early and putting this container on the bottom because I could not get my mitts out of it. Shockingly I had some leftovers but I could not be trusted with them in my house - work is the perfect resting place for all sweets! It flew off the shelf. I love making something that's delicious - love even more sharing with people.
I may have found my Sweets and Treats recipe for 2020! That's right - in January!

S'mores Candy Bark
2 11.5 oz packages milk (or semi sweet) chocolate chips
1 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
5 cups Golden Grahams Cereal divided
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Instructions
Place a heat proof bowl over 1 inch simmering water. Pour chocolate chips into the bowl, add shortening. Melt, stirring occasionally until completely smooth. Alternatively, melt chocolate and shortening together in a microwave safe bowl, using the melt function on your microwave. Stir until smooth.
Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or line with a silicone baking mat. Spread 4 1/2 cups cereal and marshmallows on pan. Crush remaining 1/2 cup cereal and set aside.
Drizzle melted chocolate over cereal and marshmallows. Spread using an offset spatula until evenly distributed. Sprinkle with crushed cereal.
Chill for 1-2 hours. Break apart and enjoy.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10