Friday, September 11, 2020

Cute Potatoes are Still Delicious

We have a starch issue in our house, not that we over or under starch our clothes, but picking a starch to go with dinner. Often I'll suggest rice and Andy will say, "wouldn't you rather have mashed potatoes?" Um... no? I suggested rice because I want rice. He’s less of a rice fan, more of a potato fan. At one point when we were first married he claimed he would never eat powdered mashed potatoes, he would always make fresh and that would be his “thing”. I don’t think he’s done it even once. I get tired of mashed potatoes. When I make them fresh - they are only eaten at that meal... because... no one in my house likes to reheat them and let's be honest - I always make too much.
Meatballs for dinner screamed of a potato side dish but I could not force myself to make another pot of instant mashed potatoes. We had some red potatoes so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. While yes I got a tad bit distracted since you know... crazy was happening in my house, they got a little over done - but crunchy in a good way. They were delicious. I also always forget when I roast potatoes they shrink, so I ended up making the cutest amount of potatoes. At least they were tasty!

Roasted Red Potatoes
2 cups diced red potatoes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon parsley flakes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Olive oil cooking spray

Instructions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place diced potatoes in a large bowl and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
Season with Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Place potatoes in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway through. Potatoes are done when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
If you'd like the potatoes a little more golden brown, place them under the broiler for just a minute or two. Watch them closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10