Tuesday, September 8, 2020

How many times can you serve plain baked chicken?

How many times can you bake chicken and serve it before your family just refuses to eat it? It hasn't happened yet, but oh I think we are on the edge, so close to the edge. I opted to try this recipe since it seemed like it could be a winner. I couldn't find slices of swiss cheese so I opted for a block of cheese and my vegetable peeler - it made super thin slices that worked perfectly. I'm not going to say that my kids raved about this dish... I really liked it, so did Andy. But it wasn't chicken Kiev so clearly not raveable according to my kids. It was kinda "like" chicken kiev, the stuffing made a crust on the top of the chicken, which turned out really good. Paired up with some fresh green beans and a winner winner chicken dinner.

Cheesy Chicken & Stuffing
8 (4 oz each) thin boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets (2 lbs total)
6 slices 2% reduced fat Swiss cheese
½ cup skim milk
1 (10.75 oz) can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
6 oz box of chicken flavored stuffing mix
4 tablespoons butter (half a stick), melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Place the chicken breasts in a single layer across the bottom of the baking dish. Tear the cheese slices into pieces and use them to cover the breasts.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the milk and cream of chicken soup until combined. Pour over the top of the chicken.
In another mixing bowl, stir together the stuffing mix and melted butter until the stuffing is coated. Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the tops of the chicken.
Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10