Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Basil should never be wasted

Our garden is off to a sad start as we sit here middle of June. A frost took a bunch of my herbs so the ones left behind are struggling and I’m daily fighting the bunnies over the honor of my green beans. But thankfully, the herbs in pots on my deck are flourishing. I was so excited to see our basil take off! I was picking some for bruschetta I was making and ended up picking way more than I needed but it needed to be pruned. Oh what to do? I decided to whirl up some basil, garlic, and olive oil - a little pesto to keep in the fridge. At least it wouldn’t go to waste. As I sat looking at my dinner options for potatoes for that night - I had a light bulb moment - what about Pesto Potatoes? Well lookie there - easy as dumping the pesto in, coat the potatoes, top with some parmesan cheese and bake. These potatoes went great with the steak Andy cooked and fresh green beans the kids nipped for us. A group effort! A VERY delicious dinner for sure!

Pesto Potatoes

4-5 medium russet potatoes
1 (10 ounce) jar pesto sauce
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Scrub (but don't peel) potatoes and cut into large cubes. Place cut potatoes in a large Ziploc bag.
Add pesto sauce to the bag and shake until all of the potatoes are coated. Pour contents out into a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10