Friday, October 16, 2020

Overdressed for the Garlic Bread Party

I live in a house where kids cheer when garlic bread is served at dinner. I also live in a house where the mom often forgets to buy it. This time I tried my hand using my own baked French bread and making my own garlic butter for the top. Cheers are what happened when I told the kids what was in the oven with our mostly vegetable casserole for dinner. I likely "overdressed" the bread and used too much of the garlic butter but Andy and the kids told me nope, it was perfect. Using soft homemade French bread made for even better bread, it was crispy around the edges but not tough at all like some grocery store garlic bread can be. This butter can be used on just about anything to make it taste better, perhaps not cookies - they already taste delicious... but potatoes, veggies, bread, sky is the limit... as long as it's savory. Let's not try it on our cinnamon rolls, deal?

Garlic Butter
1 Cup Butter (room temperature)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/8 Cup Parsley, dried
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder

Instructions
Whip the butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to mix the butter.
Add the cheese, parsley, and garlic powder. MIx.
Store unused garlic butter spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10