Tuesday, November 17, 2020

6.86 cupcakes per person? No problem.

When I offered to bring cupcakes to a dinner meeting of 7 people I figured I should bring two kinds, fruity and chocolatey... but that also meant I was making 48 cupcakes for 7 people. I mean sure, that's 6.86 cupcakes per person and if you count the pizza we also ate, well it meant a lot of leftovers. But I intentionally picked these lemon cupcakes because they are my absolute favorite cupcake, ever. Let's be clear they also hate me, you know... allergic and all, but these are soft, tangy, and delicious. I try to make these for a crowd so I bring fewer home and eat less of them. That makes Andy happy when there aren't any lemon cupcakes around for me to get sick from. I did pack the rest of the leftovers for him to take with him to work so I'd be less likely to plow through the rest of them. The frosting is soft and not very pipeable, but is creamy and lemony and so very good.

Lemon-Cream Cheese Cupcakes
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup water
4 egg whites
2 Tbsp. oil
Frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 pkg. (4 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Heat oven to 350ºF. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, water, egg whites and oil in large bowl with mixer on low speed until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Beat on medium speed 2 min. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined 2-1/2-inch muffin cups.
Bake 21 to 24 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, beat sugar, cream cheese, butter and juice with mixer on low speed until well blended. Frost cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10