Friday, January 8, 2021

Yummy Chicken Going on Repeat

One of my favorite resturants is no where near my house. It's an Asian resturant that serves just about any kind of Asian cuisine. Their menu is like a book with loads of different options. My favorite dish there is the chicken and mushrooms. This is not that dish, not at all. But I will say, this dish of mushrooms and chicken reminds me of that place and makes me want to go! Even though it likely is an hour away from my house at this point and well... I'm not super excited about indoor dining... Thanks COVID.
This recipe is great. I always forget just how good chicken thighs are. We eat so much chicken breast meat that I forget how juicey and taste dark meat can be. This recipe was really easy. I got to use my enamaeled cast iron skillet and even sprinkled a bit of our home grown parsely over the top to give it some color. My kids ate this up and Andy REALLY ate it up. We served it over rice, but it would be great over egg noodles or pasta.

Baked Chicken and Mushroom Skillet

8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken broth, thyme, oregano and basil. Return chicken to the skillet.
Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside chicken; reserving juices in the pan.
Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan and mustard. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Serve chicken immediately, topped with mushroom mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10