Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Churning up some Apple Butter Muffins

Our family loves Apple Butter. I think we'd make biscuits daily if I didn't ration the Apple Butter. We were up a bit early on Saturday - no shock there - so Nicholas and I opted to make Apple Butter Muffins for breakfast. These are easy and taste delicious. He is my mixer and spoon licker. I sprayed the muffin tin instead of putting liners in this time. Sometimes when I make muffins, the muffin sticks to the liners and you lose a lot of the muffin, these popped right out of the tins and tasted amazing. I even put a little extra apple butter on one of my muffins, it was extra apple buttery.
I'm sure next weekend we'll be up early again making something delicious. Bronwyn may be my baker but Nicholas is my early bird so he's getting his baking practice in too.

Apple Butter Muffins
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup apple butter
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together oats, milk, apple butter, and eggs.
Whisk together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Spoon muffin mixture into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle tops of muffin batter with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10