Friday, August 23, 2024

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies makes family happy

It's been a while since I made cookies just to make them. I was making something for work for my work anniversary so I decided I should probably also make something for the fam bam. These cookies looked amazing - super soft? Yes! I’m zero percent interested in hard crunchy cookies. No thank you... at all.. blech. Ms. B loves a good chocolate chip cookie - my non chocolate kid... actually I have two non-chocolate kids... but she will go back over and over for a yummy chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies seemed very much like the recipe I grew up with - but did not turn out at all like the cookies of my youth. Maybe because they are under baked? I'm not sure, but I will tell you they are soft and delicious. Warm from the oven they are hard to eat and too soft to juggle the hotness in your hands and burny nature of the melted chocolate chips! Ouch! Wait a little but and be rewarded with such a good cookie. These will be on repeat... I mean Andy did try them a few times for testing purposes only... right.

Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup salted butter, softened
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
Scoop the dough into 2-tablespoon size mounds (I use a #40 cookie scoop) and roll into balls. Place several inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges are just set and the middles are still light and fluffy.
Let the cookies rest on the baking sheets for 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10