Tuesday, August 27, 2024

9 down - 21 to go

Four nine years I've worked at Ozinga - I know that because Nicholas is nine. For some reason I always forget how many years I've been here - and then look at my son who is getting taller by the day and eating us from house and home and realize, my employment is as old as he is. I like to bring in baked treats for my anniversary - but before I told the crew they were there - I made sure my CIO was in the office... I get accused regularly of bringing treats when he's out of the office. Phew! He was here so there we go!
These bars felt like a good office treat - something easy that can be brought in a pan but oh so good. I guess they could be considered a blonde - or a bar. Either way - they are gooey and amazing. I told people they were health food and like a breakfast bar - they have oatmeal after all!! One of my coworkers wished me "Congraatjes!!!! You rock!!" that made me laugh. Our last name isn't easy to say... great play on words.... well done! Only 21 more years to catch up to my grandpa...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
¾ cup butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats or old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment and lightly grease parchment and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda and salt, and mix by hand or with an electric mixer until well-combined.
Add the flour, oats and chocolate chips and mix until evenly combined.
Press the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Don't over bake! These bars are best under baked just a tiny bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10