Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Pretty Please with Coleslaw on top?

When I have a pulled pork sandwich, I love some creamy coleslaw on top. Problem is store brands often are way too creamy and I'm guessing we know how "creamy" things go over in my house - not well. "This is too creamy" sigh.... I found this recipe and figured 1 cup of mayo for 28 ounces of coleslaw mix? That wasn't too bad at all. Oh the sugar amount seemed concerning... so I added a sliced red onion, extra, salt, and pepper - and we had a winner. It hardly fit in the container when I mixed it up, by serving time it was down half the container! It had wilted that much. But it was so good on top our pulled pork. Just the right amount of creamy to cut the spice of the pork and BBQ sauce. Andy loves his vinegar based coleslaw, but to be honest - I'll take this one.

Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw
1 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons white vinegar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 bags shredded coleslaw mix 14 ounce each
1 sliced red onion

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, and salt until smooth.
Add in shredded coleslaw mix and fold over with spatula until completely coated. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10