Saturday, October 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!! no... really!

Today is Christmas. No honest… it is. No really! In the Ipema family, today is Christmas, I know it’s October 10, but we celebrate Christmas as a family early. It’s the one time of year we all get together in one place, share a meal, play some games and have fun. Even though it’s Christmas.. I wasn’t exacted thrilled about making Christmas cookies or something… Wintery so I made something fall.

The Picky Palate had this recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Swirled Brownie Tart
Looks yummy right? I don’t have tart pans… I also don’t have the cabinet space to go buy them… so I skipped the crust step and just did the brownie and pumpkin bit. Even skipped the top – the frosting… looks yummy… but how much sugar CAN you eat in one dessert. :)

Also I need to address something… canned pumpkin. Really? What is that? I grew up with real pumpkin. We didn’t carve pumpkins when I was a kid – we painted them, because after Halloween, my folks would cut the pumpkins, gut and peel it and cook it down in the pressure cooker. Real pumpkin, none of this canned stuff. But I guess if you weren't that forward thinking… and have no real pumpkin or the umph to do such a process… canned will work… or you could always raid my mom’s freezer…. Like I do.

Pumpkin Pie Brownie Swirl

What you need!
1 box brownie mix
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 Cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg beaten

Make it!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Pour into 9 x 13 glass pan that has been spray with vegetable oil spray.
In a bowl beat the pumpkin, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg until well combined. Dollop spoonfuls over brownie. Take a knife and carefully swirl pumpkin pie into brownie batter without over swirling. You should see swirls. Bake for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean when poked in the center of the brownie. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10