Monday, November 23, 2009

Oatmeal Bread

Bread Makers are awesome… they make bread! The kneed if for you, do all sorts of wonderful things that I just don’t normally know how to do… so what did I do? I tried to outsmart it. Yeah… was that really wise? Not so much… What was looking like awesome bread turned in to REALLY short loaves… still tasted great and had the right texture, but not so much the beautiful loaves I had been hoping for. Here’s how the recipe reads for my mom’s bread maker… perhaps I’ll try again and see if I have better success…

Oatmeal Bread
What you need!
1 pkg. yeast
1 cup rolled oats (I use quick cooking oats)
3 cups bread flour (regular flour is OK too)
1 Tbls. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbls. Soft butter or margarine
1 ¾ cups tepid water
What to do!
Add all ingredients into bread maker in the order listed, this does take a lot of water and makes an excellent textured bread. Select white bread and push start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10