Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Where's the chocolate chips?

For years and years I’ve heard my friend talk about her making zucchini bread.  In my brain I thought it was the same or similar to mine.  Don’t you have one of those kind of recipes?  You just assume everyone makes meatloaf or tuna noodle casserole the same.
I remember going up to my Great Uncle’s Beach House in Michigan and I offered to bring zucchini bread.  My recipe was full of cinnamon goodness.  When I opened the loaf in the morning to slice her a big piece – she wondered where the chocolate chips were.  Chocolate chips in zucchini bread?  Why not!
I made some of Marcia’s Chocolate Zucchini Bread.  While it doesn’t have a much cinnamon – mmmm chocolate.  How can you go wrong with that?  Well… I did – a little.  You see… I used frozen grated zucchini from a monster zucchini this summer – my zucchini still was a tough frozen.  It made my melted chocolate – a little less melted and hardened into the shape of the bits of shredded zucchini.  Ahhh… live and learn right?

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
What you need!

3 eggs
1 c. oil
2 c. sugar
2 sq. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 t. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
2 c. grated zucchini
1 t. salt
¼ t. baking powder
1 c. chocolate chips


Make it!
Beat eggs, oil, and sugar. Mix well. Stir in chocolate, vanilla, and zucchini. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in chips. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10