Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Smurf Donuts of Love

I love my husband.  How can you tell?  I made him fresh blueberry donuts!  I was looking at recipes for donuts and he suggested sometime I make blueberry donuts.  Now, if you know me well or even a little bit, you know I do not eat blue (or purple) food.  These donuts smelled so yummy.  I started dipping them in the glaze but had a heck of a time getting them out!  So, a drizzle works too.  Andy loved the donuts.  It's always great to bake for someone who truly appreciates it, and he does.
I posted a picture of these on Facebook and our pastor and his wife let me know they looked good.  So, we shared.  Hey, we are neighbors now... Kind of, might as well be neighborly right?  

Baked Blueberry Donuts
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. melted butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen berries

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
3-4 Tbs milk  

Preheat oven to 325 F

Mix all ingredients, except blueberries, in large bowl or with stand mixer. Blend until just combined, fold in blueberries. Scoop into greased doughnut pan making sure to spread the batter so it is somewhat even (batter will be thick).    Don't overfill or donuts will not cook properly and will not have center hole, fill about 2/3 full.

Bake in oven until lightly brown at the edges and when touched, it springs back.

Remove from oven, allow to sit for about 45 seconds before using a small spatula or knife to gently lift from pan to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 1 minute before dipping tops into the glaze.  Place back on cooling rack and allow glaze to dry a bit.

Can be enjoyed warm or once fully cooled. Store in air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10