Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Baking for the fun of it...

Some days I just want to bake. I don't necessarily want to eat it - OK maybe the batter I want a little taste, but I just like to bake. I had a bunch of meal prep to do and while I enjoy doing it because it helps me get ahead in my week - it's not really something I love doing. So I finished my meal prep and it was on to baking!
Decided to make cookies for our kids' daycare - because they are awesome and it was going to be Monday... and Mondays seem like a good day to show up to work and there to be unexpected cookies. This recipe is so easy - like SO easy. It doesn't make a ton - so you won't get tired of eating them either. I bet you can customize the recipe and make different cake flavors, add different chips, roll in different flavored sugar - yum.
So make these when you are bored, hungry, busy, happy, sad, whenever... just make them. They are even Bernard approved... OK, he didn't actually eat any but that sneaky bugger pulled the wrapped plate off the counter to try to get some... that dog!

Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Cookies
1-15.25 oz. box chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir cake mix together with oil, vanilla, eggs and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll and have the dough not stick to your hands.
Scoop dough into 24 even balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place onto prepared baking sheets and bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10