Friday, January 15, 2021

For the Love of Sausage

It's no secret I'm a recovering grocery store snob. You can now find me wandering the aisles of Aldi and loving every minute of it. Once upon a time, our Aldi carried Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, it was very similar to the Perdue version I used to find in my fancy grocery shopping days. Sadly Aldi no longer carries it and if I go to our other grocery store it's really expensive. I found a recipe for Turkey Italian Sausage with ground turkey and figured I'd give it a try. One of my favorites is to have Italian Sausage on pizza. I paired this sausage with skinny pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce. The secret to making everything from scratch is to make the parts on different days then it's not so daunting. This sausage tasted great, I enjoyed it. Sure it wasn't "the sausage" but it was still healthier than pork sausage that you often find. It tasted great on pizza although Andy said it needed more kick, no, it didn't. It was great just the way it was.

Sauce - http://myrtlegrace.blogspot.com/2020/04/pizza-is-life.html
Dough - http://myrtlegrace.blogspot.com/2020/07/because-pizza-is-life.html

Italian Turkey Sausage

1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Big pinch of kosher salt and pepper

Combine the spices together.
Add the spices into the meat and mix well.
Brown the ground turkey in a pan, using a little bit of cooking spray.
Ready to add to pizza or save in the fridge for with pasta.




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10